Travis and I are doing the South Beach diet I found a lot of great recipes that I wanted to share with any of you that are doing this diet too. I love it! So these are for Phase 1.
Toast-Less French Toast- so so good
2 eggs or 1/2 c liquid egg subs.
1 dash of ground cloves
1 dash of ground nutmeg
1 pinch of ground cinnamon
1 cap full pure vanilla extract
butter and sea salt
sugar free maple syrup
1. warm small frying pan with 1 T of unsalted butter add a tiny bit of sea salt.
2. combine egg, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla in a bowl and whip with fork.
3. once butter starts bubbling pour in egg mixture.
4. once eggs are mostly cooked flip over and cook bottom side.
5. once firm it is done.
2 T lowfat ricotta cheese
cinnamon and nutmeg
mix together and bake like a crepe in a med frying pan.
1/4 c lowfat ricotta/cottage cheese
light cool whip on top
1/2 c. lowfat Ricotta cheese
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
1 t. vanilla
1/2 T. splenda
1 t. baking powder
1. mix eggs with mixer on high for 1 min. add remaining ingre. and mix well.
2. pour in oil waffle maker (if you have a waffle maker that flips make sure and let it sit for a minute before you flip because it is kind of runny.
Okay I know this one sound really weird but when you can't have any carbs, fruit, or sugar at all for two weeks these are the best thing you will ever eat. Try them seriously!!!!
Chewy peanut butter cookies
1 c. splenda
3/4 c. peanut butter
1/4 c. lowfat ricotta cheese
1 T. vanilla
(for chocolate PB add 2 to 4 T cocoa and splenda)
Spray cookie sheet bake on 300 for 10-15 min.
Parmesan crusted Pork Chops
3/4 c. parmesan cheese grated
1/4 t. dried basil
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. dried oregano
1 dash black pepper
1/4 t. thyme
1/4 c. Dijon mustard (I used regular)
2 T. Olive oil
2 lbs pork chops (top loin, lean boneless)
1. preheat oven to 400
2. line baking sheet with parchment/wax paper
3. In a small bowl whisk together mustard, oil, and spices
4. season the pork with pepper and brush both sides with mustard mix
5. press the Parmesan onto both side of pork
6. bake for 15-20 mins
7. you could also do this with chicken really yummy
I just did this one tonight really yummy
1 C. lowfat ricotta cheese
1/2 ts. dried oregano
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 t. garlic powder
2 T. EV Olive oil
1 C. crushed tomatoes (you could use a lowsugar spagetti sauce or homemade)
4 slices of Moz cheese (or provolone)
makes 4 servings
1. blend ricotta, oregano, salt, and pepper in processor
2. rub chicken with garlic powder
3. heat 2 T EVOO in large skittet over med heat
4. add chicken and cook for 12 mins on each side
5. remove and let cool in large baking dish
6. preheat oven to 350
7. spoon 1/4 c of ricotta mix on chicken and 1/4 c of tomatoes on each breast
8. Top with a slice of Mos cheese bake for 20 mins
5 days ago